Live the ‘African Dream’ in the heart of the South African wilderness….
The SAFARI RANGER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM is the opportunity of a lifetime for individuals wanting to kick-start a career in conservation; students looking for a unique gap-year opportunity; or for those just wanting to experience the African bush.
Merge yourself into the African wilderness for 12 months and enjoy an educational and experiential learning adventure of note as you become part of an elite wildlife management team protecting and looking after a pristine 8 000 ha conservation area located in the Northern Drakensberg Mountains of South Africa.
Apart from the experience gained students will be rewarded with a National Qualification and no less than 13 ISCI accdredited Skills-programme Certificates which is suitable for international “credit point” accumulation and ideal for resume (CV) purposes.
The SAFARI RANGER INTERNSHIP PROGRAM includes:
- FGASA Field Guide Qualification Training (55-Days)
Also included in the Field Guiding Course;
- Basic Birding Short Course
- Introduction to Anti Poaching Short Course
- Wilderness Navigation Short Course
- Tracks & Signs Short Course
- Dealing with Dangerous Game Short Course (Kruger National Park)
- Snakes & Venom Short Course
- Caves & Rocks Short Course
- Astronomy Level 1 Short Course
- Bush Craft & Survival Short Course
- Game Ranger & Reserve Management Course (10 Days)
- Wildlife Monitoring & Research Course (10 Days)
- Hospitality & Lodge Orientation Course (7 Days)
- Environmental Educators Course (5 Days)